Eating well, regular exercising and managing stress will make you feel good, energized and confident
- Sleep disruption
- Low blood pressure
Mind, Mood and Memory
- Jon Kabat Zinn -Mindfulness stress reduction breathing techniques
- Thich Nhat Hanh – global spiritual leader, poet and peace activist, bestselling writings on mindfulness and peace.
- Pema Chodron–Buddhist Buddhist teacher, author, nun and mother, thought leader in meditation
- Jeff Iliff: TED talk: One more reason to get a good night’s Sleep
- Rick Hanson Author, Buddha Brain neuroplasticity of the brain
- Jill Bolte Taylor – Author and TED Talk -My Stroke of Insight
Louise Hay Healing through positive affirmations and health
Care and Caregiving
Develop your Team of support with a circle of caregivers along with your health care team of family, friends and paid caregivers. ( Physio therapy, occupational Therapy, nutritionist, psychologist, psychiatrist, speech/swallow therapist and social worker).
Make sure you have a nutritionist on your team!
Articles, comprehensive checklists and links to key resources designed for family caregivers.
An information source providing education, peer support, and resources.
A social network for persons dealing with grief, death and major loss.
A site for people with neurological and brain disorders to find support and advice.
An advocacy group for Parkinson’s disease.
A nonprofit coalition of organizations focused on advancing family caregiving through research, innovation and advocacy.
- Baycrest Health Services
Reaserch in cognitive neuroscience and geriatric careProvides medical and non-medical home care services in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Community Care Access Centre (CCAC)
A governemnt agency that provides home care services in Ontario